Emergency Services Department
Statement of Function
The Emergency Services District's mission is to protect lives, the environment and property by providing prompt, skillful and cost effective fire protection and life safety services. The District is responsible for fire rescue response, fire prevention, medical/trauma emergency response, hazardous materials response, CPR instruction, child safety instruction, urban search and rescue, marine and dive rescue response, and special needs population emergency transportation and sheltering.
The Emergency Management Division is responsible for countywide mitigation, planning, response and recovery for any disaster event. Details
The Fire Rescue Division is responsible for: Fire Suppression/Combat, Fire Prevention & Life Safety, Arson Investigation, and Pre-Hospital Emergency Care. Details
The Animal Control Division is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the county's Animal Control Regulations. Details
The Radiological Emergency Preparedness Division is responsible for developing and coordinating with Federal, State, and Utility agencies a detailed emergency plan in preparing for, responding to, and recovering from a radiological emergency at the St. Lucie Nuclear Power Plant. Details
The 9-1-1 Database Division is responsible for the development of the County’s 911 Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and the GPS and mapping needs for all Public Safety Answering Points in the County. Details
2020/2021 Goals and Objectives
- Continue to identify additional sources of revenue, to offset the impact to citizens, and The Emergency Services
- Continued enhancements of the Fire Rescue Training Program via additional internal and external classes,
courses, and hands on training exercises.
- Address the continued needs of Existing Fire Stations, and Construction of 2 New Fire Stations; (7) (15).
- Continued improvement in the Fleet Replacement Program for Emergency Response Apparatus, and
Administrative Staff Vehicles.
- Continue to use the latest technology to capture all data to enhance reporting modalities, in order to increase
revenue through improved data management.